L. Ray Vahue Scholarship
The L. Ray Vahue Scholarship is awarded annually to a current City of Amarillo employee, or the spouse, child, or grandchild of a City employee or City of Amarillo retiree, who is attending a technical school, vocational school, or college. This financial assistance scholarship is awarded each spring. To be considered for this scholarship, each applicant must complete this form and return it to the Human Resources Department by March 31, 2020. Please type or print all answers on this form and attach copies of all college transcripts.
PURPOSE: To provide academic scholarships to eligible students pursuing vocational training, technical training, or a college degree.
- Recipient shall be a current City of Amarillo employee or the spouse, child, or grandchild of a City employee or City of Amarillo retiree.
- The L. Ray Vahue Scholarship grants shall be limited to four grants over a four-year period. Applicants must submit an application each year for consideration.
- The L. Ray Vahue Scholarship provides a payment of $2,000 to be made directly to the college, university, or vocational school on behalf of the selected recipient. The scholarship may be used to cover tuition, books, and any other related fees.
- A student may receive only one concurrent scholarship award per foundation scholarship selection committee. The Amarillo Area Foundation’s ACE scholarship is not considered for the purpose of determining concurrent awards.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA as specified in the scholarship selection criteria; however, in no case shall the cumulative GPA be less than 2.5.