John Stiff Scholarship
The John Stiff Scholarship is awarded annually to a current City of Amarillo employee pursuing vocational training, technical training or a college degree related to municipal government. This financial assistance scholarship is awarded each spring. To be considered for this scholarship, each applicant must complete this form and return it to the Human Resources Department by March 31, 2020. Please type or print all answers on this form and attach copies of all college transcripts.
PURPOSE: To provide financial assistance to eligible employees pursuing vocational training, technical training or a college degree related to municipal government.
- Recipient shall be a current City of Amarillo employee.
- Selection shall be based primarily on economic need, program relatedness to a career with the City, and employee work performance record.
- Eligible college degree programs include majors in accounting, business administration, computer science, public safety, engineering, law, library science, public administration, etc. Other programs related to careers with the City of Amarillo may also be considered for scholarship funding.
- The John Stiff Scholarship provides a payment of $1,000 to be made directly to the college, university, or vocational school on behalf of the selected recipient. The scholarship may be used to cover tuition, books, and any other related fees.
- A student may receive only one concurrent scholarship award per foundation scholarship selection committee. The Amarillo Area Foundation’s ACE scholarship is not considered for the purpose of determining concurrent awards.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA as specified in the scholarship selection criteria; however, in no case shall the cumulative GPA be less than 2.5.